We were so excited to celebrate with our employees and the community today as we officially opened our global headquarters located in West Jordan, Utah.
Walker Edison’s number one core value is “WE Give”, and so that was at the heart of this Grand Opening celebration. First, we chose the Jordan Education Foundation as our charity partner for the event. This foundation helps students and their families in the Jordan School District. As part of this partnership, we offered $15 food truck vouchers for all monetary donations as well as hygiene item donations. In addition, we donated all sales from walkeredisonshop.com and our warehouse sale. In total, we donated $32,770 and hundreds of hygiene items. We were also able to participate in a Make-A-Wish Proclamation for 4-yr-old Wish Kid, Hannah. You can read more about how we incorporated WE Give into this event over on our charity page.
The event started with a ribbon cutting ceremony with remarks from our CEO Brad Bonham, Governor Spencer Cox, Mayor Dirk Burton, and Steven Hall from the Jordan Education Foundation. In attendance were political and community leaders, leaders of local nonprofits we work closely with, business partners, employees and their families, as well as local community members.
Following the ribbon cutting, there was a celebration for employees, family, friends and the West Jordan community! There were so many fun activities and local vendors including:
- Local food trucks in connection with the Food Truck League
- Live music by local artist, Ryan Innes
- Balloon artists, face painting, and caricatures from local company, Party Pipeline
- Car painting service project with Tiny Tim’s Toy Factory (local to West Jordan)
- Petting Zoo provided by the Farm at Gardner Village
- Cotton Candy from LolliPuff Gourmet Cotton Candy
- Balloon décor from Pop Park City, and a light up sign from AlphaLit SLC
The event was so much fun for the community as well as our employees, and we are excited to continue to be a part of the great community of West Jordan.