December 17, 2018
Eggnog Donut Recipe
Ever heard of an eggnog donut? I hadn't either but let me just tell you... they are life changing. The eggnog flavor is subtle so you're not overwhelmed with sweet but you still get that taste of Christmas. These babies are the perfect balance of dense & moist and keep you wanting more!
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- ¼ cup Truvia Brown Sugar Blend (or ½ cup light brown sugar)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1¼ cups Silk Nog
- 2 eggs, room temperature and slightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup Silk Nog
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Spray 2 donut pans with cooking spray generously and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine brown sugar and oil.
- In another small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add this into the brown sugar/oil mixture. Lightly stir until just combined.
- Pour in the Silk Nog, eggs and vanilla and stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into donut pans, filling until almost to the top. Place in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Pull out of oven and let cool for 5 minutes and then remove donuts onto a cooling rack.
- To make the glaze, combine the powdered sugar, Silk Nog and vanilla extract and whisk until combined. Add more or less powdered sugar or Nog to get the consistency you like.
- Take each cooled donut and one at a time, dunk the tops into the glaze and set on a cooling rack to let the glaze set. Enjoy!