December 04, 2019
Mid-Century Christmas Decor
Decorating for Christmas is always so fun but deciding what theme to follow can be a struggle. A minimal but festive option is the mid-century modern theme. The basis of this kind of design is simplicity. You focus on adding just a few, staple elements scattered throughout the house. Here are a few ways to implement mid-century style during Christmas.
Lots of Greenery — There are lots of options for to place natural elements throughout your Christmas decorations. Try some of the following:
- Christmas tree
- Smaller trees
- Use Pops of Color — Use mostly neutral, earthly tones in your room with bright pops of color. You can add these with frames on the walls, fun ornaments, presents under the tree, anywhere you like!
- Groups of Candles — No mid-century Christmas is complete without the presence of candles grouped on your mantle or coffee table.
- Bulb Lights — Scatter them through your tree or garland to bring a retro, fun feel to your living room.
- Hang stockings in interesting places — You may not have a fireplace or mantle to hang your stockings from, but that doesn’t mean you can’t include them in your Christmas decor. Hang them from your entertainment center or sideboard. If you don’t even have those, find empty wall space to hang them.
- Round, Brightly Colored Christmas Ornaments — The most classic shape of ornament will help your Christmas wonderland look like a scene out of the 1950s. You can find them nearly anywhere that sells decorations during the holidays.
Keep your color palette neutral with a few pops of color rather than lots of crazy colors to avoid turning your sophisticated, mid-century home into a whimsical Christmas labyrinth. Enjoy your beautiful, mid-century holiday home!